Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 10:57 PM   #3901
dave.irwin.59@gmail.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #11774
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
We always leave sasha our 6 lb yorkie in the mh when we go out to places where she's not allowed in

Been trying to come up with a reasonably priced system to keep an eye on her and some security for the mh

We recently got unlimited data with verizon. So using marias cell as a hotspot i connected 2 wyze cameras. Wasnt sure if the hotspot would work. The cameras need wifi and need 110 power. It doesnt have a battery

Well they do work but lose connection at times and the liveview is a little delayed

Plan is to have one in the mh facing from the dash to the bedroom. The other one id like to plug into the outside outlet with an extension cord and have it face the front door. The camera will notify you of any motion so i dont want it facing the road or campground. Dont need an alert everytime someone walks or drives by the mh. Only if they walk to the door

Only tried it in the house so far. Will be interesting to see if it works at a campground. Hopefully our verizon signal is always 5 bars

HDMI Switch,GANA 3 Port 4K HDMI... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G2YR23M...p_mob_ap_share

My sister has these cameras at her house. They work well for $25. The app is free and they store the video for 14 days for free

Jerry

I just went down this road last week. Installed two Wyze cameras. Both are in the dash area - one faces out the front windshield and the other into the coach.

I have sound and motion alerts turned on for the interior camera. Both are plugged into 12v under the workstation tray.

Currently I have the interior camera looking at a 4-zone thermometer so I can see the temp (inside, outside and both water bays).

So far so good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1641.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	15449

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.