Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 03:19 PM   #55
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Yeah I tought about it. I check them about 4 times a year... so far so good. But its on my long term mods list.

If you have the F53 chassis and do the CHF it more important (IMO) since they are changing the angle and adding more stress to the stock components. But on the E350/450 we are replacing with a HD bar and the angles remain factory (But I bet the are seeing more force applyed to them as well).

Was his bar on F53?

The recent PM that MichFigs sent me was in regards to his ‘18-Vegas 24.1...

Quote:
”I would purchase the upgraded MOOG end links for the front sway bars, as they are beefier than the Ford parts. (should have done this when I installed the Hellwig's last spring- instead of in late October after the driver side failed while driving to a campsite).”
The theory is that the Helwigs are much beefier than stock, put more downward force on the Ford OEM end links, thus the weakest point is now the Ford OEM end links.

The Moogs are abt $28 a piece.

But, the front SUMO’s will help reduce downward force as well

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum