Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 02:52 PM   #56
vegasruv24.1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post
Just started researching installing SSR-106-40-1 on my rear suspension. After deciding I could do it, I discovered a bracket welded onto each side of my frame right where the Sumo Springs would mount on my Vegas 25.4. Very sad [emoji20]
I've done this install multiple times...here's what I found.....when you put the sumo's in the sumo recommended spot...they make the ride real choppy,,,the front mounting idea is too close to the front leaf spring mount...causes a pogo effect... though the best place is right above the axel, most of the time there is not room for this... but... for best results... mount them behind the axel...you will be amazed at the difference..I've been to sumo's factory in carpenteria and have done R&D work with Gerry...to mount them behind the axel you simply swap them side to side ...I do custom sumo installs, as in I change out height and durometer to customize the end result to what the coach is used for..

most ill handle conditions I have found to be the loose nut behind the wheel...motorhomes don't have to have sumos to be able to go down the road....there are millions out there with out them...so the argument whether they are needed or not is not gonna be won...but as said.they sure make the ride more comfortable ..I have a total 100% happy owners on all my installs.. some of them I had to give driving lessons.....motor homes are like boats,,, they have to take a set...sawing at the steering wheel can make them react violent..

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum