Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 03:17 PM   #58
vegasruv24.1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
Just a little more info on sumo's sumo's are a progressive load rating..as in the more they are compressed the stiffer the durometer...the first thing I always do is take the loaded coach and get it weighed,then on a level spot (I have a 4 post rv lift) I measure and record all four corners, although sumos will up the carrying capacity of the spring.....the axel rating remains the same... so adding sumos doesn't up the GVWR... it makes it handle the load better, the weight is real important per install..some people run down the road pretty dry,.. and then there are the ones that won't leave home without it...as in the they have one or two of each crammed in there..thats where custom install nets the desired results...you can get real close to the weight of the coach by just looking at the yellow sticker on the screen door... if it says there is 2100lbs carring capacity... that means the coach weighs 15,900..on an 18,000 lb chassis..

so pretty easy to figure that a guy that loads right up to the 18k rate is gonna want a stiffer bag than the guy that is only 16.5k..

next is wheel travel..I like to have about 1/2'' compression on the bag... that'll net the smoothest ride...there are multible bag heights, so sumo has put together kitsthat try to fit all.... but,.. as most of you that have installed these have found...coach builders do every thing different...gas lines, propane pipes, bundles of wires, and coach floor come in to play...

happy travels

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.