Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 01:18 PM   #32
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Yeah, my guesses couldn’t have been more wrong.

Seems to me Ford went with about the cheapest design possible. It certainly isn’t a larger version of the 5.0L Coyote in the F150, and doesn’t follow the DOHC design in just about every other gas engine they offer.

I suppose that since truck drivers don’t like to use higher RPMs to develop power anyway, that kind of makes OHC design’s greatest advantage less important. On the plus side it does make a much smaller engine — may fit nicely in E-Series.

From Ford Media today:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...bar-again.html
Well that press release you linked to does say this:
Quote:
The 7.3-liter gas V8 engine delivers high performance in a compact package. Based on decades of commercial engine experience, this 7.3-liter is expected to be the most powerful gas V8 in its class – providing durability, ease of maintenance, and the towing and payload capability customers want. It uses an all-new cam-in-block, overhead valve architecture with cast iron block and forged steel crankshaft for maximum durability. Port injection with variable-valve timing optimizes the intake and exhaust to match performance with workloads. Oil jets cool the pistons under heavy loads.
Someone else was speculating on the 7.3L Engine.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.