Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 10:12 PM   #4
vegasruv24.1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
so heres my chassis review...looks to me like ford has been listening and reading the forums...and a lot has changed in the last few years..here's the way it was told to me.... ford used to have a outside contractor doing the f53 chassis...a few years ago ford took it back in house...one of the problems with the f53 was the harsh ride...the bilstien shocks that ford used were valved wat too stiff, every crack or tar strip was felt through out the whole coach... jarring and banging down the road...so I called bilstien...they sell shocks to replace the ford valve spec shocks,making a more pleasant ride...so I had 2 2018, and 2 2019's... the first 2019 (Winnebago).. before I even took delivery, I ordered sumos, roadmaster sway bars..new bilstien shocks...coach shows up and I head down to the shop to do all the install...but I notice this.... coach rides good, and actually.... needs nothing...but,... I have everything waiting... so to the shop I went...I had everyone at the shop attact this project...guys working everywhere at the same time...one is my son,... " Hey dad, look at this...these shocks are different than all the others we have done and they aren't yellow... they're black!"....eyebrow raised I said just put the new ones on...so after all the things done...no real difference....

as is the new coach,...rides smooth for a coach, rolls through most everything... when the coach hits a hill and start lugging, it down shifts right when it should,and stays in 5th, and stays there till 5th start to lug then to 4th.. on a recent trip to havasu and back from vegas, only on the real long 6% grades did it shift to 4th and that was towing a fiat 500... so if you look under and see black shocks... save your money...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.