RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 01:39 AM   #8
ournextstop

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Florida
THOR #2248
I was hoping to see a pic too because some memory cells are reviving from when we had a Winegard dome installed on our previous coach about 4-5 years ago. They needed a SWM4 switch and did not have one in stock. Rather then delay the job they told me I could go down to Radio Shack and buy one. I did and it was labeled 'SWM 4 for Dir TV" as I remember. No power cord it looked like a spliter with one input and 4 outputs and as I remember it processed a signal from Dir TV which a regular spliter would not do.
At any rate I did some more research because I consider the arrangement I recently worked out with this new to us coach to be temp. We can only watch the same sat program on all TV's. The SWM 4 was part of the reason we did not have that problem in previous coach - I just don't remember the details yet!
I just found this attached document on Windgard's site and I think it may help. I do a see a SWM power inserter which has a power cord and some cautions about using it.
I have not studied the doc and you need to before using it is my opinion!
Or it may have nothing of value or you may have it already.

Hum, I just found out you can only attach videos, but I know you can insert links so here it a link to where I found it

http://www.winegard.com/kbase/uploads/2452242.pdf

Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.