Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 01:51 PM   #47
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
I agree the 6.7L PowerStroke V8 will not likely end up in the F53 stripped motorhome chassis. Ford could have done it years ago if it made sense to them. The upgrades the engineer mentioned in video were most likely needed in order to increase power and torque; which will be announced later. He mentioned most stressed components like block, rods, etc.

As far as the gas engine to replace the V10 in the F53 motorhome chassis, you’d have to think it has to be the new 7.3L V8. The smaller 6.2L V8 hasn’t had the GCWR required for F53 motorhomes, plus the new 7.3L V8 is planned for larger trucks from F-450 to F-750.

Whether the F53 motorhome gets the 10R140 initially, or stays with 6R140 transmission for the time being, is something worth watching. My guess is that Ford will combine the 7.3L with the 10-speed only, but my guessing hasn’t been that accurate lately. With more power and torque they may offer the 6-speed as a lower-cost option, although I expect they will replace it entirely before long based on what they have done in past. Once 5-speed came out, 4-speed was soon gone except in smaller engines, and same with 5-speed to 6-speed switch.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.