Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 12:56 AM   #55
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Regarding RVs, I hope Ford installs the new 7.3L in E-Series cutaways as expected (since it’s replacing the V10s). Ford engineers say this engine is narrower than 6.2L SOHC (and presumably V10 also), so I would like to see Ford make this 7.3 the sole engine for E-Series, and rework the engine doghouse to provide more foot room. If it’s narrower as claimed (and it looks narrower to me), I’d like to see Ford take advantage of it in cutaways.

The V8 may be a little shorter than V10 also, so maybe they can move the doghouse forward a bit too. Even an inch or two in any direction would be a welcome revision if it provides more space for feet.

I know E-Series is being phased out, but if they plan on keeping it for at least 5 more years, whatever cost to revise the firewall and floor sheet metal for a smaller doghouse should be worth it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.