Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: After D.C.
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 02:55 PM   #8
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Mammoth Cave might be an interesting option for you on that route.

Your're route will in part be copying what we took a couple summers ago out to the canyon. We took a similar approach... drive medium/longish days with a stop almost every day to at least one museum or other significant activity. We parking lot boon docked a lot enroute, but I found that I'd need to stop at a CG every 2-3 nights to get better sleep.

From what I saw in Amarillo I'm not so sure I'd make that a must-do stop. If your route takes you through there though (I suppose going to ABQ it does) there's an RV dealership there that has a pretty good RV museum. Parking is a bit trick but if you plan ahead by looking at maps you'll be better prepared. If I were going again I'd maybe park at the nearby walmart and walk.
Oh, the Big Texan Steakhouse is a touristy trap but fun
Also for camping in that area. Palo Duro Canyon. We wish we'd known to make reservations there. They were full for us but we drove through and took a little hike. We would just about go back just for that place alone.
Or there's a nice travel information center/rest area just near the airport that would make a great overnight stop probably

We enjoyed ABQ very much.
OK City - The Bricktown Canal River Walk area is nice. Park at/near the Bass Pro. Also the bombing memorial there

I enjoyed using Roadtrippers.com to find points of interest options.
and Allstays to find places to park enroute.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.