Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 10:46 AM   #26
10scDust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Our Outlaw gets loaded pretty good, carrying two motorcycles, full water supply, and water is nearly 8 lbs a gallon, plus everything else we take.
I never really thought about what the tire's can withstand, until I started reading these threads.
So I do want a safety factor.
But I could not find a definite: this tire load rating "X" equals this weight range capability.
My search took me to the differences in air pressure, combined with manufacturer, then onto history of ply ratings, to things are rated differently now with modern materials that equal old way...
It just eluded me that's all, I am sure the info is out there, maybe someone can shed some light with a link?

Then, there is the scare factor in advertising, to prevent those tire blow outs you should...
Is it that common of a problem?
Then, is it tire age factor?
They do develop a dry rot and cracks.

Meanwhile I carry a spare, and I will get something like Rickson Tire recommends as an upgrade, it just will take a while to fit a budget, first things first.
Besides about 65 mph, or less, is all I am comfortable driving the RV.

Ours came equipped with Michelin 225/75-R16, load range E, and now have 12,000 miles on them.
75psi in fronts, 80psi in rears.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.