Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 01:51 PM   #1
NewAxisOwner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #13661
How do you get a service appoinment???

A few months ago I purchased this brand new Axis (as some of you have read regarding immediate repairs needed). While I was making my own required updates and repairs, I was waiting for list of warranty items to arrive at the dealership that were supposedly ordered during the PDI.

The sales manager, Dave Kinion(sp), advised us that we would get a call when all the parts were in, and they'd come pick it up at my house (an agreement made as part of the transaction). When I realized how many things were in need of attention, I started making repairs myself.
But, then I noticed that the cab AC doesn't work.

Judging by their PDI repairs prior to purchase (crappy silicone job in the shower, failed to fix underside bed clips, didnt even check any of the water circuits etc...), I asked Dave if I could do the repairs myself. He said sure, since he doubted he'd get enough hours from Thor to fix (but this is before I noticed that the cab AC doesn't work, which they'll have to fix).

So, a couple weeks ago, I get a text saying that if I dont pick up my parts, they'll be sent back. So, I go General RV to pick the parts up.

The parts girl looks at me like I had 3 eyeballs, saying they dont allow customers to do warranty work, and that they need the old parts before handing over the new parts, BUT, they still insisted on making a warranty service appt.

I meet with Garrett in service to go over the current list of parts, along with some others, i.e. warped heater vent cover, cab AC not working, a few LED lights out on the LED strip above the bed, a few LED running lights etc... He said he'd get back to me with info.

I've heard nothing for weeks, so I called General RV a couple days ago to find out why I haven't been called. They tell me that Garrett is no longer employed there, so I was forgotten. Did no one pick up his case files???

I then speak to another service member (nice kid), explained my situation of being MORE THAN DISPLEASED about the whole General RV of Jacksonville experience. He was almost speechless about the list of warranty items ordered (and not-yet-ordered so far) and said he'd get back to me asap.

<crickets>

It's already too much that WE ALL have to make shock, sway bar, steering stabilizer updates, so forgive me for being pis$$ed off at this dealership's complete lack of attention to customer service. I'm still pi$$ed at the salesman for telling my wife and I that the AXIS 25.2 rear bed can be folded down while in motion. That was a complete lie, to make a sale...

After the purchase, during the PDI, we're told by the PDI guy that it's okay to drive with the rear slide out. I asked him if that was sanctioned by Thor, he said "yes". My wife and I knew he was full of it, but the gall he had to say it almost left me speechless.

Thanks for listening to my rant. I guess binge-calling General RV corporate is my next step...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum