Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Cdpsr
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 05:06 AM   #15
cdpaynesr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24.1 Axis-2005 Mini
State: Georgia
THOR #14334
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
I will also add that it appears there are very few drivers on this forum from what I read that don't complain about some aspect of handling with just about every rig out there and that includes the Mercedes Sprinter chassis. Just look at a full service RV shop and you will see highly sold accessories for improving the driving characteristics. Remember that the manufacturer is putting a big wind catching, non aerodynamic box on top of either a heavy truck or heavy van chassis. It is not a car. Our 2016 Axis did not handle well on the freeway until we added the Saf-T-Plus system, alignment (dealership never discussed this at all), Koni shock absorbers, weighed rig for proper air pressures, Sumo springs in the front. Now, pretty happy with it. Heavy winds suck no matter what you do. I have a relative with a new 32' Tiffin Allegro and he added the Sumo springs to help with the ride. You mentioned price being an issue and it probably is an issue with most in this forum. The entry level rigs will most likely need more tweaking on your part to get them where you will be happier with them in one aspect or another. It is just the way it is with these RVs.
Thanks very understandable

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum