Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 05:11 PM   #78
Chuck and Mary Ann

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Girl View Post
That brings to mind a question. Where can I get my rv weighed? I don't imagine I can jus drive up the exit ramp to one of the state trooper's weigh stations...? Can an rv use a cat scale at a flyin J or other truckstop? & if so, what is the proper procedure &/or etiquette to do it so as not to piss off the pro drivers who rely on truckstop services to get their loads delivered on schedule???
Yes indeed, an RV can use the CAT scale at the Flying J or Pilot - that's where we go to get ours - got it a weight when we came from the purchase and then again after loading it for a week of travel.

Just go inside first and ask the Commercial Counter person for a weight and they will tell you to go on the scale or wait until it's clear.

Advice here is unless you boondock all the time keep the water volume down to save weight and thus get better fuel efficiency. we carry about 25 gallons at most, but always weigh with everything you think you will carry - outside stuff, food, clothes and other things.

I don't think we could get to our max weight, but I have no desire to carry everything I own - but, I'm not full timing either.

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.