Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 05:53 PM   #25
chad523

State: California
THOR #9612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Girl View Post
Thx! I've got so much to learn & am starting to feel a wee bit more comfortable, but I gotta long way to go! I dove in to fulltiming just like I dove into the military. But I don't have the "luxury" of drill sgts to think for me. In the Army they used to say you aren't issued a brain till you'e got enuf experience to know when (not jus how) to use if (it's a safety issue). Around the time you make E-4 they take your trainin wheels off. It feels a bit like I'm going thru that process again now. I find I don't trust myself to make all my own decisions w/no real world trainin or experience to choose wisely. In the Army, those decisions were often ones of life & death. I've already seen it's not much different w/my RV barreling down the road! I still have peoples lives on the line, not jus my own. Hopefully, this time I will remember what happens when you think you know it all & avoid gettin too big for my britches (every troop does, though, usually right after basic, & most survive...). Having y'all nearby (so to speak) makes me feel more secure during this learning process & hopefully I won't try to take my training wheels off too early!
When you get it all figured out, let us know . It take a few trip to get comfortable, than it's 2nd nature,. Enjoy your adventures, I smile more on my trips than just being a couch potato. Good luck have fun.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.