Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 01:40 AM   #1
oldgold

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 36TL
State: Georgia
THOR #5536
Challenger 36TL Slide leak and wet walls

I can’t figure this out... I have a slide leak when parked on a slant with the slides in. Front drivers tire is furthest uphill. Rear passenger tire down hill. I have a good idea of where the slide is leaking in the bedroom. What I can’t figure out is... on our floor plan the bed is on the rear of the bus and slides out the drivers side. The bed is on the normal bed frame with curved laminate veneer. The veneer has water droplets that look like condensation up to 8” off the floor and the rear wall of the bus had the same droplets to 8” off the floor for about 2ft along the wall. There was a small puddle at the rear wall on the floor about 2 hours after a huge rain. This to me seems like it would be an overhead leak and the drops are splattering up onto the walls. My issue with this is, the top of the slide was dry, the rear window was dry. AND to top it all off the “night stand” wall that separates the rear bus wall from the bed support veneered wall was dry on both sides. How in the world does moisture get on two walls but not on the wall between the two? I’m guess I’m going to have to set up shop I guess with a thermal camera next big storm.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum