Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 01:06 PM   #1422
etcmss

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Kentucky
THOR #13793
Slide Floor cover inside--outside

I have a 25.5 and am replacing the sofa with the RecPro 67" theater seat. So I removed the sofa yesterday and quite surprised at the hole and its covering found inside to outside. Mine is a heavy burlap type material screwed to the outside floor and then run inside and is then closed to critters and weather by use of velcro. Inside it also provides some kind of routing or protection to the 2 wires and 1 hose that run into the slide floor.
So the question is: Has anyone removed this covering and replaced with something better?
2 pics attached---one is the inside floor---the other is the outside floor.

My thought was to remove all of it and on the outside put a thin sheet of metal and attach with screws---and on the inside some insulation (but not enough to restrict the wires/hose) and then cover the floor with some sheet metal or other?
Your ideas?

For those that did this replacement was there any interference with the wires/hose to the theater seat floor frame?

Gary
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide floor inside (Medium).jpg
Views:	145
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	15705   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide floor outside (Medium).jpg
Views:	142
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	15706  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.