Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 02:47 PM   #3
JJMON

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Minnesota
THOR #14057
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck27 View Post
I have used a G2 with a Directv DVR for a couple of years. With DTV and the G2 you can only receive Standard Definition broadcasts.

If you remove the plastic cover on the antenna you will find a DIP switch inside that you will need to change to receive DTV broadcasts instead of DISH. You should be able to download a G2 manual from Winegard's website.

The two coax connectors on the antenna allow you to connect to two separate receivers. If there are two coax cables connected to the antenna and running to two separate locations you should be able to connect a receiver to each cable and watch your DTV broadcasts in each location. You cannot use a splitter with DTV. I have an older DVR receiver that has two coax connectors that I can connect to the two connectors on the antenna. This allows us to watch one show and record another.

Our G2 is not mounted to the roof. We stay in many places where the trees block our view of the satellites. We run 60 ft. coax and power cables outside so that we can set up the antenna where it can get a clear view of the satellites.

You should be able to find this info on Winegard's website. Or just call their Customer Service Dept for help.

Hopefully this is enough information to get you started.

Dave
I was on the Winegard site and was looking at the manual. It showed a small rectangular ‘box’ that had a banke of switches and showed Dish vs DTV positions. They call the box a power inserter. Coax in/out and a 12v power. We have H25 receivers that according to the site need a converter kit to work with the Winegard. I am confused thought as how the coax is tied into the OTA cabling if at all. As it is right now the TVS are running off the King Jack antenna.

Thanks
JJ
FMCA F496287
JJMON is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.