Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 01:09 PM   #4
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Welcome, Do your reseach by typing in your year model and see what the dealers are qouting. Many will be less than the sales price.

Is this USED or Brand new? How many miles on it?

When I purchased my Axis from camping world (2017) I knew their competition was selling brand new ones for about $10K less than the CW sales price. So offer them $15K LESS (like $60 K in your case then you can come up to $65K?).

Be prepared to walk away. I stood up twice when they were resistant to my price.... and guess what.... they caved and I was about $10K less than sales price. Plus I had them throw in a 40 inch LCD TV, full tank of full, $100 (or $200??) CW gift card to use in the CW store.

Dont forget in April the 2020 will be hitting the dealers (for sure by May). So they will be highly motivated to sell this 2018.

IMO dont bother with the extended warrantee - Esp if your handy.

I did purchase one but only after Sams Club qouted me one cheap (like $1200 or 1300 for 4 years?). So told CW "no, I dont need one". Well they wont take NO for an answer and they started out at $6000, then they finally asked me what it would take. I told them like $900 or $1000 for 5 years and they did it!! I never used it but I guess its nice to have for the near future.

Take your time and DO NOT PAY THEM until you do the walk through. Make them fix everything (so be preparied to leave it for a week or two) but if you hold that check they will fix it much quicker.

Good luck.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.