Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: New to Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 05:33 AM   #9
nmcmilla

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Welcome to a new Compass/Gemini

mountainsam lists good and ongoing checks for a working hot water heater. I recall I had to have a part replaced under warranty...just not sure which part, sorry. From my notes, others on this forum wrote>:

...valve for the tankless water heater sticks --- just tapped it and it worked fine.

....had water heater problems. You always have to press the red button on the controller to get the green light to come on. when you power up either on DC, generator or shore power. It takes a few seconds to come on. Also, the heater won’t operate if DC voltage is under 10 volts. For example if you’re using battery power and only have two red lights showing on the battery display under the Jensen unit you probably won’t have hot water. Also, you can check voltage on the heater itself. You open the cover on the outside of the rv and open the white plastic cover you will see a green light on the circuit board showing the unit is on, if you see a red light then the voltage is below 10 volts so the unit won’t work. On the control panel in the bedroom, with the green light on, you should see a fan icon, a flame icon and a shower head icon if hot water is working from any source.

Hope you find an easy solution (and happy travels),
Nancy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.