Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Towing a boat
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 10:43 AM   #28
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Funny story, sad but true:

Years ago I was at the lake relaxing on the porch of a boathouse which was next to a natural rock boat launching area. Elderly man pulled his MH (a 35 foot class A) around, backed his trailer in the water then got out to go and get his bass boat from a nearby dock. The man got his boat on the trailer, tilted up his motor, then went to the bow and hooked up the winch strap and tightened it. With his boat secure on the trailer and him kneeling on the bow he yelled to his wife to go ahead and pull forward.

The wife proceeded to put the MH in gear and back up, needless to say things got really bad at this point!!! The man was lucky he had a fish fillet knife laying on the bow and while screaming at his wife he managed to cut the winch rope. The wife backed the MH far enough in the water that the engine died. I jumped up and ran over to help along with several other people. It took two full sized pickups in 4wd to pull the MH out of the water, didn’t think the water was ever going to quit draining from inside the MH. Generator had been completely submerged, water had been over the bed and part way up the bedroom windows, HUGE mess on the inside.

I have never in my life heard a wife get cussed like this poor woman was, I felt very sorry for her!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.