Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 11:41 PM   #5
twinegar

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Georgia
THOR #14364
Tilt a bed issues

As promised I will pass on what I found out today about the tilt a bed in the Thor RV's.

I called Lippert Components which is the booklet I received form Thor Support. After 35 minutes on hold I was told that they (Lippert) were not the installer of the bed and it was Thor who installed and built the bed. Nothing was ever said about being the wrong/incorrect bed I was asking about.

I did call Thor support and after another 30 minutes on hold got a person who advised that the tilt a bed was not Lippert's or a Schwintek bed, counter to all I had heard to that point. I just hung up and scratched my head after this support agent promised me that the bed was not what I had been told. When I told him I had been sent the manual from a peer of his, he expressed that sometimes his peers don't do enough to research these issues. In other words, under the bus went his peers.

I now have very little to share with those interested in finding out how to fix any issue that might be inherent in the bed. This support rep also advised that the bed comes with no straps to keep it staged properly on the plywood base. He told me I had to go to our local service department.

Soooo, I am further in the dark today than I was yesterday. I don't even have any "real" information to pass on. Hopefully, I will if I stick to it. Keep you advised.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.