Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 11:40 AM   #7
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/outla...oor-plans/29s/

is the link the Class C version you are referring to?

I think they may have heard from potential or existing customers that a side entry might work better, and it might also actually provide more 'length' to the garage, versus if it was turned the other way.
Also, a side entry, which is on the patio/awning side of the rv, might afford some folks a better avenue for entry/exit or usage, versus the rear where you might run into a blockage issue because of a tree, lake, stream, etc. as well as potentially allowing you to back farther into a campground or rv park site.
It’s larger than anything I’d want to own, but I like it, particularly considering the overall length. In addition to what you mention, having the side ramp also allows access to garage while toad or trailer is attached, and solves Bob’s problem of not having a roof-access ladder. And from an aesthetic point of view, a rear cap that looks like a traditional motorhome is more attractive than the usual ramp on back of toy haulers.

It’s definetely not for everyone, but for bikes, kayaks, golf cart, ATV, or a couple of scooters or smaller motorcycles it may be just right.

It seems to have adequate seating and sleeping for a family. The one thing that jumps out is lack of kitchen counter space, and perhaps dinning area. They should consider offering a comfortable dinette as an option IMO to seat 6 for eating on a rainy day, and provide forward-facing travel seating.

I could see renting that unit for long trips with family to bring along a bunch of bikes and other gear.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum