Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 02:04 AM   #6
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS Cruisign View Post
Yes and No. You see there are two ground cables coming off the battery on the left. Yes it is red but not hot. One of those two has got to go to the chassis ground but they get lost in cable management and zip ties. My have to just trial and error it unless there is a way to tell with a voltmeter, etc.

My hunch is the thicker black one with professional heat shrink. The other is a jumper from the right. The red one I believe was a camping world hack when they replaced the fryed inverter but..... that is a hunch. Wondering why the ground off the battery would make any other stops before the chassis ground.
On my coach there are two battery bank grounds: one goes directly to the right chassis rail and the other goes to the inverter's negative terminal (separate from the inverter's chassis ground - 8ga bare wire).
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.