Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 04:05 AM   #2
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
This was a delima for us as well. I had a Excel spead sheet that I created the went over the pros and cons of the C class and Axis in detail.

For me the Axis came out on top. Plus soon as my wife sat in a C then the Axis back to back it was a no brainer for her. She hates tight cramped spots - esp on long trips.

I think for the most part they are the same (Tank compacity is similar, same chassis and tow rating etc).

Some of the Axis floor plans offer more outside storage than others (one reason I went with the now discontinuded 25.4 = 70 cu foot of storage - the most of any the othe Axis/Vegas floor plans ever).

I really like the new 27.7 floor plan but it only has like 36 cu foot of storage so that wont work for me (Im a pack rat - plus I have room for bring back my recycle stuff + temp storage for when Im doing projects and Xmas presents, bike gear etc).

But if you want 10K towing you will need a diesel... So Super C or DP.

So thats your first major decision you have to make.... How much towing do you really need.

We have 8K tow compacity and when fully loaded I have 9500 # left for towing and more crap in my RV so I feel good about that.

For me the work station and having the two captains chairs that turn around and become a part of the living area was very important since I'm self employed and take up a lot of space when working.

I have my huge dash for my paper work, printer and other miss stuff, plus the booth. I love it.

I like the fact its narrower than a C class (94 inchs vs 99) so I can get in and out of tight spots.

I would like to "think" its more areo dynamic than a C class but my MPG dont show that it is (but I tend to do the Speed limit or follow traffic flow as needed at interstate speeds).

So really like you said it has many of the same limitations you have already.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.