Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 05:36 AM   #18
Maxjr758

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTransplant View Post
I was scoping out the install for a solar controller and I noticed that my Schwintek slide controller is flashing. I'm getting 8 red flashes and one green flash which seems to say a short in motor no. 1. However the slide is operating normally.

I haven't started to troubleshoot, but it seems to me that that if there was a real problem, the slide would either not work, or only one motor would work which would result in a very uneven motion of the slide.

Anyone seen this behavior?

One other issue is that occurs with both slides is that if the slide has been closed for some time, pressing the open switch won't work until I press the close switch. When I push the close switch, the slide will move in another 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Then the slides will open. When closing the slide we always hold the switch down for 10-15 seconds in order to synch the motors. Its acting like it thinks the slide isn't closed all the way. Comments?
I've noticed the same on our 17 Challenger 37 TB.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.