Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 02:11 PM   #13
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I'm not sure why the factories, any of them, feel as though they 'have' to provide a whole house water filter, when anyone who takes their RV out to the campground or rv park can easily attach their own, at the spigot, where a water drip or leak is narry' a problem.

Early on, I found that ours, mounted on the passenger side water tank bay, stuffed in between the water tank and the sidewall on the left, was not only very difficult to reach and change the filter, but also perplexed as to why they would waste all of the additional 20' of water lines to have it mounted on the complete OPPOSITE side from where it makes SENSE to mount it - in the WET BAY! So, I did it myself.

Later, I actually wondered WHY I even needed a whole house water filter that is mounted IN the wet bay, where it just requires even more connections that can possibly leak. If I'm going to have to hook up to spigot/pressurized water anyway, why not USE the whole house filter AT the spigot(?)... so, I removed the water filter canister system from the wet bay all together, and now just attach it DIRECTLY to the spigot, and the output to the RV connection. If it leaks, who cares.

When I leave, I remove the water canister from the spigot, unscrew and drain it... no more water sitting in the filter while traveling. The filter has ALREADY filtered any water into the water tank, so no worries there either.

Could I just do without a filter all together(?)... yes. I've never worried about campground or rv park water, or even water provided at a dump station. But that's just me. I guess since I have the filter, I'll use it. : )
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.