Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 04:24 PM   #14
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
I dont know, I guess thats one way you can compare two diff systems. But you also have to consider who has the best reliabilty and warrentee.....Sometimes it worth it to pay a little more for someone that is closer so you can go back to them easily or has better components etc.

Have you considered installing yourself? Saves you lots of money. Do you know some buddies in your area that are willing to help you for some beers and pizza?

Do your research before you pull the trigger. I have been looked for months (off and on) and have changed my mind on the size, location of components etc.

Sounds like you know what you want overall (4 lithiums, 2000 watt invert etc). Have you measured what size panels will fit best on your roof? You can cut out a couple of cardbroad templates and check.

I thought I would go with two 150 watt at first but really two 100 watt fits better on the back of my RV and I have room for TWO more 100 watt panels for later on (up front).
I'm full-timing it and location becomes relative . It's the best overall value from a price/watt that I've found so far and comes with tilt mounts. A lot don't or they want an arm and a leg.

I really want to get into out of-the-way places and not have to run the generator so much. I'm no solar expert and too have been looking on and off for a few years because of the relative payback period - forget ROI.

I thought I'd throw it out here and see what came back. The only part of a self install that bothers me is drilling holes in the roof.

Thanks for feedback.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.