Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 06:59 PM   #17
Lloyd
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Thanks.
How many watts did you go with? What brand? How do you like it?

I have one 135 watt panel. It' a Kyocera. I think it's rated at 7.4 amps.I purchased all the parts from RV Solar Electric. Two 6V deep cycle batteries. I don't remember off the top of my head what AH they are so won't speculate. I tilt the panel in the fall. Camping in the fall when the furnace is used a lot, the panel doesn't produce enough to keep up with the demand. I have to supplement with the Honda.
I would say the wattage should be a least double of what I have.
The arc of the sun gets pretty low in the southern sky in the fall, so tilting is important in my opinion.

Don't be afraid of drilling into the roof to anchor. Just make sure you are hitting a rafter with your anchor screws. Use Dicor around all the anchor points.

I went thru one of the vent pipes with the lead for the controller and came out in the closet just below the ceiling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	solar-roof 001.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	15787   Click image for larger version

Name:	solar-roof 003.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	15788  

Name:	solar-roof 007.jpg
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	15789   Click image for larger version

Name:	solar-roof 008.jpg
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	15790  

Name:	solar-roof 004.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	15792  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum