Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 02:56 PM   #19
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Ok, I have changed my mind.

You guys brought up some great points. In reality the AC unit does not cost that much. I rather not have mold/mildew.... not to mention damaged warped wood. If it was just a few days thats one thing but a month or two is another.

IMO if it meets this criteria below I would run the AC at like 82 deg.:

1). Your RV is outside all the time (even if in the shade) and exposed to high humidity AND you have 30 or 50 amp service.

2). You have Wifi with a camera and and Wifi thermostat + Wifi contolled outlets so you can control fans / de-humidifyer etc.

3). You have a neighbor you trust with your keys to turn something off or un plug if something goes haywire. I think I would tell him to enter the RV a few times a week to check things out. He might smell something electrical or hear a noise he dont like.

I would NEVER leave it for multiple days with the generator on for you only power supply.

I still have concerns about not being around the RV when stuff is hooked up and running but with this modern WIFI stuff that allows you to check and turn on or off stuff that would help me greatly overcome my concerns.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.