Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 12:00 PM   #9
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
...there's no really thing such as 'stressing' your system, it either works, or it doesn't....
i.e., a breaker will trip.

the only 'difference' between 50amp service(100amps), and 30amp service(30amps), is the 'amount' of amps you have to power the multiple appliance and devices in your RV, all at the same time. The 120v incoming 'power' is the same, no matter 50amp or 30amp.

If you trip a breaker, whether in your RV's panel box, or the outside Pedestal breaker, you'll know you are using too much amperage. The question then will be 'WHICH' of my appliances or devices, or the combination of, is causing me to go over the limit?

Roof air conditioners get the usual argument that they 'somehow' aren't allowed to be run together when only 30amp service... but that is balony. The question is really how many OTHER things you are ALSO trying to power at the same time.
Large loads, such as the Battery Charger(via the Inverter or the Converter), your Electric Water Heater, and the Microwave are the general culprits that lead to tripped breakers.
While you may also be running TVs, Satellite receivers, phone and tablet chargers, and other things, they require such little power that they, themselves, aren't usually a worry.

Plug into 30amp power with your 50/30 Adapter.

-Turn off your Electric Water Heater switch
-Turn Down, or off, your battery Charger(if you have a Magnum Inverter and remote panel, push the SHORE button, and turn it down to 5amps, or even press the CHARGER button to turn it completely off)

-Turn on the first roof air conditioner
-after the first is up and cooling, turn on the other

you'll be just fine.... if you need the microwave, turn off one of the air conditioners while you run it, simple. if you need the electric water heater, turn off one of the air conditioners, until the water has been heated, etc.

Having an RV and expecting all the amenities, i.e., everything running at the same time, requires Electrical Management - you'll become an electrical engineer in no time!

enjoy...
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum