Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 03:50 PM   #1
Squerly

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
2004 WindSport Rehab

I’m pretty disgusted with Microsoft OneDrive. Maybe it’s just an awkward program that hasn’t received the development attention that it needs, or maybe I’m just an idiot and can’t figure out how to use it correctly. Maybe a bit of both.

Anyhow, I set the permissions in OneDrive incorrectly so most of the pictures in my previous “2004 WindSport Rehab” thread are invisible to the public. As such, I’m going to start a new thread and hopefully this one will turn out better. Admin (Janet H) Per my PM, please delete the other thread! Thank you!

2/12/2019
My wife and I have never had an motor home before so we felt it best to buy an inexpensive one first. You know, just in case we don't like the hobby. So to get started, we bought this 2004 WindSport 35D with 45,550 miles. Mechanically, it's fine and the outside is pretty much OK. One of the storage doors has been damaged but still works. Decals are faded and the paint needs to be buffed out.

Day/night shades are crumpled in places and need to be replaced. Carpet is original so I'll replace it with laminate flooring. All the furniture is going, including captain and passenger chairs. All lighting to be replaced with LED.

For boondocking, I plan a solar charged 400-500 amp battery & inverter system that will run independent of the house batteries. When this system reaches a state of discharge, the house batteries (or generator) will take over until the batteries are again charged.

We bought this coach in Titusville, FL. and spent a few days getting acquainted with it on the 600 mile trip back home. There were no problems with the engine or transmission, so at this time, the only mechanical upgrades we plan are to install a Tire Monitor system of some kind, do the CHF to the suspension and add a Safe-T-Plus stabilizer.

Here are some pictures of when we bought it.

2/18/2019
It's been raining cats-n-dogs out here and I found and fixed a small roof leak. That behind me, I removed all the ceiling and air conditioning vents and they're in the barn waiting to be cleaned and painted.

Carpet is removed and I'm in the process of pulling staples. (man, there's a bunch of them!) Flooring starts against the outside of the slide and has to be cut accordingly so that the edge of the last piece breaks at the proper area where the slide meets the main coach area.

2/21/2019
When I bought this motor home, the roof wasn’t the only thing leaking, so was the kitchen faucet. So today was my day to change it. I looked under the sink and found a conglomeration of pex that went everywhere except where I would have expected it to go.

The PO had an icemaker in one of the outside storage areas and had supplied it with a connection under the sink. There was also a slew of other connections that didn’t appear to be going anywhere anymore. After a bit of frustrated investigation, I finally tore it all out and replaced everything. It looks and works great now!

Also replaced 25 old 12-volt lights with LED lighting. If you haven’t upgraded to LED’s yet, you’re really missing out. Wow, what a difference and I’m sure the draw on the house batteries is going to be greatly reduced.

The original incandescent tube lights use a ballast and the LED’s don’t, so each new LED comes with a wiring harness that bypasses the ballast. It only takes a few minutes to install the harness and your old fixtures are now ready to work with today’s LED’s.

Finally, I reinstalled all the vent covers on the ceiling as well as the air conditioning covers. They were looking pretty old, so I had removed, cleaned and painted them with a shade of white that complemented the original ceiling color.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.