Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: slide opening
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 02:58 AM   #8
SEAN1951

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: South Carolina
THOR #14469
Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
Do you have high enough voltage? How about with the engine running?

Let us know how it works out
Thanks for the tip, we have had over 14" of rain and have no place dry enough to crawl under that thing. Have pulled the slide controller reset board, ordered 2 new relays ( which was soldered ) found out by prying one out with screwdriver, lucky not to cracked the board. Will direct wire the motor tomorrow to see if it does anything. I am racking my brains trying to figure out all the things that need to be done before the slide will open, seat up forward, engine off, etc. etc. This is all I know what is left to do is basically apply direct 12 volts to the motor and see if anything happens, but both slides gone out at the same time, makes me think that some where up the circuit is putting the brakes on before getting to motor, even though I am getting power at the pigtail that plugs into the relay board within one foot of the living room slide. Thanks for the replies everyone, the more heads the better. Jim

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.