Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 03:11 PM   #7
16Pal36.3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.2
State: Illinois
THOR #12796
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSK View Post
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, we did a PDI, but the tech simply said this is for this and this is for that, but not how to actually use the system. We traded in a Thor ACE the had one simple water hook up. The Palazzo has a set of valves, two low point drain valves, one Blue valve that has settings for City Water, City Water fresh water tank fill, Dry Camping and Sanitize/Winterize and a Red valve handle with a sanitize setting and a normal operation setting. I'd like to know the specifics of how and when to use them all. Clearly the city water and tank fill are no brainers, but I am not sure about the others.

Ref External outlets, my ACE had them adjacent to the outside TV. I've looked all over on this one and can't find any outside receptacles nor an outside Cable connection port (although I distinctly remember the tech mentioning the cable port.
The blue valve directs water from pump and / or water connection to cold water main or tank or pump suction. Winterize allows pump to suck from hose connection to use antifreeze or disinfectant. The red valve is a 3 way valve that supplies pump discharge water to water heater or not and to tank for sanitizing in sanitize position.
To sanitize tank: Start with fresh tank less than 1/3 full. Need short hose to hose connection from bottle, blue valve in sanitize, pump on and red valve in sanitize until bottle empty. (Very short time) Then shut off pump, connect fill hose to clean potable water and fill fresh water tank. Then shut off fill line. Then select "dry camp" on blue valve and "normal" on red valve to rinse system using pump. ( turn pump on) Empty system by running water through every faucet and drain. (Lots of water) Be careful that you have someplace to dump all that water from grey water tank and line drains. ( it should smell a little like bleach water ) Refill / rinse and dump as directed.
Cable connection in wet bay unless they moved it. Switch on by button in cabinet where HDMI splitter is. ( button that turns off over the air antenna Amp )
Your rig may have an outside receptacle. My 2016 Palazzo 36.2 has no outside receptacle set and only has one in the forward pass through bay. It would be nice to have one in the wet bay.
I own a 2016 Palazzo 36.2 and have been working past the poor owners manual since I bought mine.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum