Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 10:27 PM   #1433
gnach

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldballcoach View Post
just bought 25.5
it doesn't have the traditional 2 option electrics I was used to in bigger diesel rigs where I could run most stuff on house batteries or shore power.
instead I have to run generator to watch tv in a parking lot at baseball game etc
was hoping to modify to introduce option to dry camp with light elec loads like tvs specifically. I understand there will be limits like no microwave, heater possibly, but right now kids cant watch tv in back without turning on generator even though i'm running down road at 65mph
Any suggestions or what is simpliest tack to deal with this...I'm sure others have figured this out
Please help. Thx
Might I suggest that you start a new thread for this project. Unfortunately I know of no way to simply move it. My point is that what you want involves a wide array of options and you'll find a lot of input from the users here. You'll want to keep it all in one "location".

- Just to run a tv while on the road? Yes, get an inverter that's large enough (watts/amps output) with clean power (pure sine wave) to protect the electronics. The cheap ones are modified sine wave and can destroy the controls

- To run more appliances you need a larger inverter, more battery capacity. If you dry camp without shore power you'll need to keep the batteries charged, think solar charging but that's another array of decisions. The more you study what's involved the better you can decide how to proceed. Most of this has been discussed here before so use the search function to help.

Here's a nice primer to plan your electrical expansion: https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-tips/how...need-on-my-rv/
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum