Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 01:52 PM   #1
Gebills

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy
State: Arizona
THOR #12461
Challenges with slide extend and retract

Purchased a new 2018 for Senergy 24SD in June 2018. DW and I loaded up the new rig and headed out from Arizona to the Midwest in July 2018. We were on the road for one month when we discovered DW had aggressive cancer while in the Green Bay Wisconsin area. This prompted our parking the motorhome to deal with her health issues. I lost her within 36 days of learning that she had cancer.

Point of order for this forum is that we used the coach for one month operating the two slides possibly a dozen times. I made an appointment with dealer in Mesa AZ in November to correct the new coach issues we discovered on our first trip, such as refrigerator problems, entry steps not working, and rear slide squeaking. The dealer had the coach for roughly two weeks and then returned it to me “ready to go” so I could put it back in covered storage here in Arizona close to the house.

So here it is late February and I’m getting ready to head up to Seattle for about six months. Brought the coach out of storage and to the house to work on dual wheel air extension hoses, when a friend stopped by and wanted to see the coach with slides extended before I begin my trip to Seattle here in 3 days. Rear slide operated great, while the front slide started operating with the back of the slide moving slower than the front part of the slide. We finally got the front slide extended by the friend putting a little of his weight against the rear of the slide trying to force it out. When the front of the slide was fully extended, the rear part of the slide lagged behind about 4 or 5 inches. I continued to push the extend button and the rear portion of the slide finally caught up with the front portion, making the forward slide extended completely on both the front and rear portion of the slide. When I retracted the slide, the rear of the slide, once again, lagged behind the front of the slide and its movement in toward the coach bulkhead. After pushing the extend button and then the retract button alternately for brief moments, I finally got the slide seated against the coach bulkhead where it was closed completely.

This slide acts like the rear part of this slide is binding and restricting it from free movement as compared to the front part of the slide. When operating the slides, I had the jacks down with a slight list to the starboard side. The coach was setting in my circle drive and when you look at it, it appears relatively level although I would expect the list to starboard to have been 1° or 2° at most. As this was the weekend with no service department available at La Mesa RV, I haven’t been able to contact the dealer for comment. The slide has never been an issue in the few times we have opened and closed that slide. I would estimate that slide to be approximately 80 inches length so it is not a big slide. I’m leaving Thursday for Seattle, and would be interested in anybody’s thoughts on what is going on with this slide. I highly doubt that the dealer would be able to get this coach into their service department as they routinely tell me they are at least 3 to 4 weeks out on service work.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum