Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 10:45 PM   #1446
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertconley View Post
Hi all
We had our Axis 2018 24.1 since July 2018. We love it to travel in it. I Have been reading this forum since then. So I've installed a few things that have really helped, but need some advise from other Axis / Vegas owners. My Suspension installs and adjustments so far. Road Master steering Damper, front summo springs, and Ford alignment.
These have greatly improved the drive ability of the unit.
We intend to eventually tow a car, so While I am upgrading the rear suspension for ride and help with sway. what is better to put in?

Rear summos or Firestone Air rides?

Rear Helwig track bar or anti sway bar?

and last will replacing the factory shocks help improve the ride.

thanks in advance for your help this forum has already made our first MH more fun and more usable.
Hi...Ron wanted me to reach out to you...since you have read everyones input regarding front and rear adjustments...he wanted you to know that he installed Sumos front and rear on our 2016 24.1 in May 2016...other than an alignment last summer, he has done nothing else. He likes the ride and personally feels that we nothing else. If considering Sumos on the rear...be sure to go to the Sumo website and find the exact Sumo your Axis requires.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.