Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 11:42 PM   #1
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Getting ready to add House Batteries to our VEGAS

I have finally gotten to the point of figuring out how I can add two (2) 12V batteries to my existing 2 12V 92AH AGMs I just installed.

I am planning to add a "battery rack" to the under kitchen window storage compartment of our 2016 VEGAS 25.2. The compartment is 11" high X 28" long and 18" deep. I am planning on using a garage ceiling storage bracket and cutting the height down to 9" and making the length 20". That 'should" give me a little room left in the compartment (for something)

I am planning to drill through the top of the plastic compartment liner and bolt through the RV floor and bolt under the kitchen cabinet to hold the rack.

Since the RV House Batteries are just to the right of this compartment, it should be easy to run jumper cables to connect the additional batteries to the existing ones. This should also be fairly easy to run cables from any roof solar panels in the future chasing them down the refrigerator vent chase.

I know this is a fairly long post, but thought I would see if anyone could see any future disasters that I hadn't thought of.

The one question I do have is the AGM 12V batteries in under the entry steps are 92AH group27 (because of the size), would it be a mistake to use 105AH group31 AGMs in this new rack, or should I exactly match the existing ones (The 92AH are less than two months old so replacing them is not really in the plan)

We are planning on doing quite a bit of boondocking this summer and feel better having four batteries instead of just two.

Thanks to anyone who has taken the time to read this and for any replies.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum