Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 01:19 AM   #19
simidrm

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
I personally use synthetic oil in everything I own (gas powered)expect for my pickup which has a cummins 6.7l and the motorhome and generator they get conventional 15-40.

The reason I say this is because I work on diesel engines everyday and the company I work for is nation wide and are now experimenting with using a semi-synthetic oils in there on-highway trucks and we have lost a lot of engines both cummins and detroit to main bearing damage and I have tried it in my pickup which I change oil in every 5k miles but when I went to synthetic after around 1200 miles my change oil light came on and I changed it again with same oil and less than 1k miles did it again so I went back to 15-40 and my change oil light hasn't came back on since and ive done about 3 oils changes at 5k.

This is just my opinion based on what I see on my own vehicles and the ones I work on at work and is not based on any brands or any data we receive from delaers who by the way still use conventional oils.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum