Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 12:23 AM   #9
Porthole

Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
So my opinion is that with the weight of the trailer on the suspension the top half of the tube bearing will get less grease then the bottom half which is unloaded. With the trailer sitting on the suspension the beam' shaft is pressing against the top of the tube (torque bracket), so you are not going to get much if any grease in there. The grease is going to go in the path of least resistance.

If you only grease it one way I would suggest unloaded.

Raise the trailer up and the opposite is true.

Regardless, the proof that it works for me is in the color of the grease coming out. Even at $9 a tube the grease is cheaper then the repairs.

We do not know if that tube bearing spins at all in the housing - and neither does MOR/rdye when I asked.
For lack of a better description, the bushing/bearing looks like a paper towel tube.

I have seen what it takes to change the bearings while a MOR/ryde and I'd rather use some grease then have to go through the trouble of changing the bearing.
There is a good chance that if the bearing fails due to lack of grease, you won't know until the beams shaft or the torque bracket has worn to the point of needing repair.

Not much different then greasing king pins on a truck.

The grease I use most of the time.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I checked my Amazon order history and it looks like I average about 2 tubes every 3 years.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum