Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 05:06 PM   #18
Soldier Girl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
One of the things my wife has been looking so forward to is...riding along the country side and at a moments notice, saying..."let's goooooooooooo........THAT WAY!". Over planning wouldn't work for me.
I think I must have your wife's sense of adventure - or maybe in my case it's ADD, lol! I'm glad you mentioned this, Gritz, bc I was wondering about how well most longtime rv folks tracked their trip planning vs going adlib (w/or w/out the input of their wives).

For me, my trip plan is more like an outline, where I fill in the details as I go an edit as needed. Ok, I guess that sounds more like crafting a five point essay rather than planning a trip, but it seems to fit for me.

Being a veteran probably has something to do with my desire to explore & push thru my preconceived limitations. I love the freedom of takin detours or changin my track before completing my original self imposed marchin orders!

Plus, I'm still stuck on the East coast this winter, so my trip plan, like most plans, didn't survive initial contact - w/new rv realities - not insurgent contact (unless you're one of the folks who seem to put cw into that category, lol!).

I'm still wet behind the ears, so this outlook applies to me (& maybe other newbies). I wouldn't presume to know what the rv oldtimers have learned from their hard won experiences (I hope I will know someday!).

My new rv life & it's planning has required much more flexibility from my military mindset, & I think many new rv'ers might find if they rigidly stick to their initial plans for every trip they would quickly become disillusioned with rv life & hang up their keys for good (but maybe that's just my naivete speaking).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum