Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 08:17 PM   #12
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
I don’t know how Thor would take about a foot off length of a 24.1 floor plan, but maybe Hymer engineers and designers can help them figure it out since they do it all the time.

It seems to me that keeping the Ford 176” E-Series OEM wheelbase (versus stretched 188”) would be a great place to start. That’s got to save cost and improve quality some. And maneuverability would be similar to longest pickups (crew cab long bed).

I’d like them to keep the Twin/King beds at rear, but modified to douldle as a lounge area like on previous 25.5 floorplan. If you don’t need the extra lounge space you can leave them as beds, but you’d have the option to entertain a bunch of people occasionally at games, races, family trips, etc.

I’d like to see a split bath so half the kitchen isn’t in an aisle across from bathroom. Toilet and sink on driver side, with shower on passenger side for proper drainage of course.

Finally, I’d save length by utilizing four captains chairs up front, all with swivel bases. A table on each side can fold up between captains chairs to make 2 X 2-person dinettes, much like private jets.

With four captains chairs up front, and entry door just behind them, the overhead bed can be made queen size for two instead of the twin bed on existing Axis/Vegas. That provides comfortable touring and sleeping space for up to 4 in a smaller package. If you need more space, buy a bigger rig, but there are a lot of couples who travel alone 90+ percent of time. There’s got to be a market out there for a “Touring” Axis/Vegas floor plan.

Basically, I’d like to see Thor build a Hymer Class A version of an Axis/Vegas.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.