Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Fmca
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 12:08 PM   #6
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I'm a member....but have never been active in any of the meetings or chapters. From what I've seen looking at pictures and stories about chapter events and such, it seems to be mostly or perhaps all a bit older folks...not exactly my demographic...I'm on the older side but still have a young family....
It seems like it's kind of in an odd place... sort of an orginazation/model for a different time...a time before today's social media, and our having anything and everything at our fingertips.
I could be very wrong about all of that.

Anyway, I'm not completely closed about the idea of doing more, just haven't seen anything of interest there.
I'd imagine that it's good folks...and if I had time on my hands I have no doubt that there would be friendships to be made at meetings and outings.

I've looked into it as well. Can't quite put my finger on why it doesn't excite me, but your definition comes close. I remember the days of kid's birthday parties turning into graduations, turning into marriages, turning into baby showers, turning into grandkids, etc... Haven't been to many of those lately. Seems now, you only need one dark suit for funerals. Jeans and T-shirts everywhere else. Haven't put a swing set together in over 50 years (those were always good parties). Every funeral I go to ends up in a debate of who takes the most prescriptions, how many parts of your body hurt...and those horribly long stories about running over the mailbox. FMCA seems like this kind of crowd and for some reason, I would only give the old alcoholic portion (those that drink till they just start yelling things you can't understand) someone to talk about when I went to bed at 9PM. I haven't read any reviews of the emergency evacs or MH return feature. What little I read seemed to have a lot of exclusions. Had anyone here had any first hand experience in these benefits?
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum