Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Electric Bikes?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 10:41 PM   #58
Jedsmom

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.1
State: California
THOR #3016
Without wanting to sound stuck-up, I truly believe that you get what you pay for. Pedego is one of the oldest electric bike companies there are, with the biggest network of dealers in the country, perhaps the world.

We have 2 Pedegos and 2 Emojo foldable electric bikes. There’s just no comparison — NOT because it’s foldable vs. electric. The quality of the Emojo doesn’t come close to our Pedego. We bought them to take in the motorhome. We don’t intend to ride long distance on the foldables — they’re just for tootling around the campground and maybe an occasional 5-10 mile ride. The Pedegos are for long distance rides.

Once as I was riding my Pedego after spending time on the Emojo I had a bit of an “aha” moment. My Emojo reminds me of my little Fiat 500c. It’s cute, quick, but gutless and can’t go as well uphill as some of the bigger cars on the road. My Pedego, however, reminds me of my Expedition. Rides big, heavy, and feels like a rocking horse. Has power to spare, and will get me wherever I want to go with ease.

My suggestion is to think about where you want to use an electric bike and then choose based on that. We have two because of how we choose to ride.

The other thing we like about our foldables is that we can tuck them away and out of sight in campgrounds. The Pedegos are sitting ducks, and we’re not willing to temp people.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum