Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Solar panels
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 05:38 PM   #12
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
right, and thanks, as my direction of my conversation is not to necessarily 'sway' folks from solar, but to just put it in it's 'reality of life' and financial benefit light.
Most of us do, yes, install solar because we like to 'mod' our rigs, and/or keep up with the 'Jones', as though we'll somehow miss out on some of the RVing life if we don't have everything others do, or do everything everyone else is 'doing'...

Solar, to me, is oversold,though ... as in advertising and in the fact that the government has been involved in providing 'credits' for it's purchase... but those don't make solar a benefit just because they are in play. The same could be said for plant-based fuels... my car can use it, but it also reduces the mpg when I do, so the cost of the fuel must be financial effective for it to make sense, and that is only WHEN my car can actually FIND it!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum