Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 01:24 AM   #1479
vegasruv24.1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
Well Bob, I got 2 out of 3. It's raining now, but I'll post photos.

1) The clearance is okay, no rubbing. The new tires are 1 1/2 inches bigger in diameter so the rig is 3/4" taller, gained underneath. I didn't see any increase in gas mileage but I've been towing. I don't feel any loss of power pushing the bigger tires, either. They "feel right".

2) Yes, the stock rims work just fine. I need have another $1K for pretty rims.

3) I use a ScanGuage II. Before the tires, it was more accurate (with the GPS) than the speedo, but now both are off by approx 10%. The Garmin is my speedo now. I contacted a speedo shop, silly me, today's speedos are driven by the computer, so it seems an after market tune kit could fix that.

The rear tires are very close to the wheel well side. Snow chains won't fit. A blow out will cause body damage but that's a given anyway.

-edit Anybody want to chime in on correcting the speedo?
do a 5 star tune,... tell them the new tire size and they will add that to the tune, comes out spot on....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum