Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 12:59 PM   #20
RVMichael

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAPonygirl View Post
I was able to book 4th of July week 2019 at Curry Hammock in the Keys. Had to do it exactly 11 months prior to the start of the trip, I believe the site opens at 7am. Wasn't much left. If I was coming in sooner, I could have booked sooner. Might be best to book 14 days prior to the end of your trip just to get in, then cancel the days that you don't need. 14 days is the max stay. So with us leaving on Sunday July 7th, I could have booked June 23rd and had more choices or gotten in to Bahia Honda (that was my first choice). I could have shaved off the days that I didn't want later. Actually, Curry has good reviews, and because of the almost constant winds (wind surfers love it) there are less no-see-ums than most other Florida parks. Looking forward to this first time to the Keys!!!
If you love clear blue water where one can see the bottom, quirky people and things, and more clear blue water then you will love the keys. IMPORTANT -- -- Just don't forget to adopt to a "Keys attitude" as things are much more laid back. And if you hear a loud noise right at sunset, then that is somebody celebrating the sundown going down by blowing into a conch. Sunset Grille and Raw Bar has an excellent sunset, but get pretty crowded.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.