Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 03:11 PM   #17
lwmcguire

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
The IRV2 forum pretty much is the Prevost/Newell and their cousins, crowd as far as what they consider a MH worthy of them. Interesting for me has been the visits I have made here locally to get non Thor items such as the Aqua Hot repaired and the coaches in with mine are all high end. That is partially due to the fact they cater to the bus crowd but they are sure busy. Never a Thor yet except mine. Now I know the QC is lacking but if you expect to buy something with all the equipment put together in one small moving box then you are just kidding yourself. The problems we have had with the Tuscany came down to one or two DS's working at Thor thought it would be funny to put kinks in hoses. We haven't had any structural issues or woodwork, slides, roof, nothing at all in three years that could be blamed on Thor engineering.

Down the road as one poster noted something like a Tuscany should be a great value since it has all the amenities the expensive coaches do and you will get it for a fraction of the cost. That will allow many to get out and on the road.

I will have to give MHSRV a plug as they let you stay on the lot under a canopy (summer) and then come by and fix anything you find. If they cant get it fixed in one day then you stay again and when you leave everything is working and you have time to have them show you how it works if you forget anything from the PDI

Having walked through many coaches we noticed some QC here and there but not as bad as many noted, however we were looking at 250K and up so maybe the difference.

If you look at the numbers of coaches manufactured you will note that many of the lines only kick out a few coaches. Thor makes more in a week than most of them due in a year so you are going to see and hear more stories.

Bottom line they all need to be on top of the QC and hopefully that will happen without driving up the cost significantly.

I am not a particular fan of any of the Manufacturers, we just bought the best coach for the money and that is a fact. Should we buy another in a few years the same review of the current offering will be done again and the winner will be?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum