Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 10:03 PM   #11
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
I installed both a Hunter 42999B in both my Vegas and Axis and both worked well. In both installations I put a small switch to be able to run both the high and low fan. Several months ago I had a problem with my furnace and during my troubleshooting, I reinstalled the original thermostat to see if that was the problem. It was not the thermostat - the problem was in the furnace. When I reinstalled the Hunter, I decided to not keep the switch, since I never ran the unit on low fan. One set of instructions I had said you could combine the low and high fan wires into one, so that’s what I did. I had problems with the AC running and then not cooling and then cooling and not cooling. I finally had an AC tech look at it and he told me that combining the low and high fan speed wires together apparently confused the module in the AC unit that turns the compressor on and off. He disconnected the low speed wire and everything seems to be working OK now. So, it apparently is not a good idea to combine the high and low speed fan wires if you install a thermostat with only a single speed for the fan.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.