Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: slide opening
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 12:03 AM   #13
Bigbur

State: Connecticut
THOR #11685
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAN1951 View Post
Thanks for the tip, we have had over 14" of rain and have no place dry enough to crawl under that thing. Have pulled the slide controller reset board, ordered 2 new relays ( which was soldered ) found out by prying one out with screwdriver, lucky not to cracked the board. Will direct wire the motor tomorrow to see if it does anything. I am racking my brains trying to figure out all the things that need to be done before the slide will open, seat up forward, engine off, etc. etc. This is all I know what is left to do is basically apply direct 12 volts to the motor and see if anything happens, but both slides gone out at the same time, makes me think that some where up the circuit is putting the brakes on before getting to motor, even though I am getting power at the pigtail that plugs into the relay board within one foot of the living room slide. Thanks for the replies everyone, the more heads the better. Jim

My dealer suggested using the generator to open slides. Said sometimes the campsites power is inconsistent. Haven’t done it yet myself since he told me that at the end of our camping season.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum